Saturday, April 23, 2011

Rule Of Engagement: Play Dates

For those of you new to the world of play dates.  I have asked, observed, talked and debated the rules of engagement with some of my close girlfriends.  Clearly the are several unsaid transatlantic rules.
Here are some of my finding:
1.) Always make sure you arrive on time. 
2.) Always bring something for your guest (please note - this only applies to your first visit) after this point, gift bringing is discretionary. 
3.) Compliment your host on how lovely their apartment or house is - even when its not! 
4.) When your child objects to sharing - in my case, my daughter objects to sharing the toys and my son objects to sharing the snacks - reassure your host that this is NOT normal  "Enjemma is always really good at sharing, she must be VERY tired"! - That line always works!
5.) End the play date by said "We must do this again soon".

I would love to hear about your experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment